Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Adjusting the Oven Door Spring

I've found three versions of instructions for adjusting the oven door spring.  The first instructions below are from a 1949 Owner's Manual. The second set of instructions are from a 1950 Owner's Manual. The final set of instructions is from an early 1948 Owners Manual.

I'm posting all of them because they each give a little different information...and starting in 1950, it looks like the spring mechanism changed.

The photos are from my stove. My stove does not have a wing nut to adjust on the bottom edge of the broiler, but it's an earlier stove...so I'm not sure what to make of that. I've also noted that none of the manuals show the insulation that is stuffed into my spring compartment. I guess that's the ideal vs the reality.









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails