Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Treats

Over this past long weekend, one on my blog readers dropped off some parts I had been missing for my Tappan Deluxe :) And one I wasn't missing, but really wanted.

The first photo is a shot of the orignal bracket that sat on the front corners of the top of the stove & held the top in place from underneath. Part of mine had rusted away.



This next photo is of the freshly painted replacement bracket. Looks much better.



One of my stove burner knobs was cracked in back and I kept meaning to order a new one. I now have a replacement.



And finally, I always thought it would be fun to have one of the pull out drawers with towel holders for the right side storage compartment. I spent the weekend cleaning up this vintage drawer...took the wheels off to clean them...and used Liquid Wrench to get them rolling again. Because all of the bodies of the Deluxe are the same, it's a pretty easy matter to install this on my stove, even though my stove did not have this part originally.







If you are looking for a vintage Tappan Deluxe parts, I have added Katy's contact information to the left sidebar (yellow shaded box). Shoot her an email and ask her is she has the part you need for sale/exchange.

2 comments:

  1. My husband wants to take the top off to get at the inside. We removed back splash, the burners, and removed all the screws that held the top on. Took the handles and back plates off the front, but we still couldn't get it off. Do we have to take something else off to get the top off?
    Are there hidden screws?
    Thanks for any input!
    Connie and Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see the screws on the inside edge below the burner grates? Sounds like you also saw the screws in the brackets on either side in the back. That is all that held mine down. There might be crud holding it down.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails